The Liebster Award is an online award given out by bloggers to new bloggers. It’s a great way to find out a little more about your fellow travel bloggers, network and get your travel blog noticed. Thanks to Tara from Travel Geek Tara for nominating me for this award and I’m more than happy to pass on the Liebster Award chain.
» The Rules are:
- Thank the blogger nominated you ~ include a link back to their website.
- Answer the eleven questions they ask you.
- Nominate other bloggers with less than 500 followers.
- Ask those bloggers eleven questions.
- Let the bloggers know that they have been nominated so they can continue the chain.
» My Response to Travel Geek Tara’s Eleven Questions:
If you could live in one Country for the rest of your life which would it be?
At this point I’d have to say Australia, because I haven’t travelled to any extent yet, I have only visited Thailand twice and have a big overseas European trip coming up in November. I’m sure the answer to this question will be different once I return home next year.
What is your favourite travel souvenir and why?
My favourite would have to be the Anker Astro Series external battery pack for the laptop, iPhone and digital camera.
Which mode of transport do you prefer when travelling?
I love train journeys, this is what i’m looking forward to most whilst travelling throughout Central and Eastern Europe. I’ve heard the views are stunning.
What travel item could you not live without?
I have a hard time on planes, only when the plane begins it’s decent. I feel like my head is about to explode. Ear planes are vital for me, if I don’t use them, I find that I’m partially deaf in both ears for 1-2 days after flying.
How would you best describe your travel style? (Luxury, backpacking, middle of the road….?)
I’d have to say that the thought of budget travel doesn’t bother me at all, staying in hostels is a great way to meet other travellers and locals. I’d prefer to save money on accommodation and be able to splurge on other things down the track.
What inspires you to travel?
What inspired me to book my first solo trip overseas would have to be the architecture, culture and history of Europe. Coming from Australia, we don’t have much in terms of history when compared to Europe.
How do you promote your travel blog and what works best for you?
I try to write about topics that haven’t been covered so often. The main idea is to try and write about something new and interesting that people will want to read. I think it’s still definitely early days right now, my blog is only a few months old. I believe that once I travel overseas and experience Europe, I’ll be better equipped at travel blogging and blogging in general.
Which social media site do you prefer and why?
I prefer Twitter because I can easily share my WordPress blog, most of the information I need is all closely connected and I find that Twitter is more user friendly.
What travel books/guides do you use?
Lonely Planet’s thorn tree forum is a great way to connect with travellers from all over the world, Trip Advisor is also very helpful and I also read Hostel World’s blogs.
Is there any place you never wish to visit?
India ~ the huge population and safety concerns. I’ve heard great things about travel in India but I’d still have to say that it is not on the list of places I want to visit.
Where in the world are you now and what are you doing?
I live in Sydney, Australia. I’m working full-time, currently saving for my trip to Europe.
» My Liebster Award Nominees:
∴ Hamburg bis Hawaii ~ http://www.vonhamburgbishawaii.de
∴ Travel Geekery ~ http://www.travelgeekery.com
∴ Breathing Travel ~ http://www.breathingtravel.com
∴ Tiana ~ http://single-servingfriends.com
∴ Lindsay & Ashley ~ http://www.mundotrundle.com
∴ Thrifty Gypsy ~ http://www.justathriftygypsy.blogspot.com.au
» My Eleven Questions For My Fellow Bloggers Are:
- What is the number one thing you enjoy about travel?
- How old were you when you made your first big trip and where was it?
- How do you prefer to travel? In a group or on your own? Why?
- How many countries have you visited?
- What is your favourite country/city you have visited so far?
- Have you ever studied/worked abroad?
- When choosing an airline to fly with, which one do you prefer over the rest?
- Is there a travel accessory you can’t go without?
- If you had any tips for first time solo travellers, what would they be?
- Have you ever been scammed or had anything stolen from you whilst travelling?
- How do you cope with jet lag?
♥ I’m looking forward to reading your answers, please send me a tweet once you have completed :)